This week I’m moving on from USPs to guarantees. Very often USPs go hand-in-hand with guarantees and when delivered together provide tremendous benefit to sales conversion rate and revenue.
Here are 7 reasons why you should offer guarantees:
1) Guarantees prove that you will deliver what you say you will. So many businesses say how wonderful they are, but the customer experience is often very different. This is your opportunity to take the risk of purchase away from the customer.
2) The right guarantees i.e. ones that add value to a customer, drive people to buy from you, even when you are not the cheapest in the market. For example a guarantee on a specific aspect of speed, quality, range etc. has a value associated with it and for certain prospects they will happily pay a premium in exchange for that extra value.
3) You may already be doing things as a normal part of your service – you just haven’t thought to promote it or offer it as a guarantee?
4) It forces you to focus and specify your marketing messages and therefore cut out the waffle!
5) When you have a prospect procrastinating over their decision to buy and there’s still an element of doubt in their mind a guarantee is a great benefit to restate to nudge them over the edge.
6) It builds trust and credibility in your company and service.
7) It differentiates you from your competitors who are not offering a guarantee.
What guarantees does your business offer? What advice would you give about the benefits and drawbacks of offering guarantees? Leave a comment below and let us know.